Hi, I'm Phillip Pearson. I'm a software engineer from Christchurch, New Zealand, now living in San Francisco. Since 2005 I've been working for Bay Area social media companies:
- Mode Media - social advertising and curation
- Ning - topic-centric social networks
- Yahoo! - Fire Eagle location platform and Facebook app
- BBM - white-label social network software
Before my career in web development, I was an electrical engineer (who wrote web sites as a hobby). Since 2014 I've been doing some EE projects in my spare time, mostly involving ARM Cortex-M chips.
- Matrix display - a 6 ft x 3 ft LED display for Burning Man (2012)
- Bluetooth-LE controlled LED heart pendants
- Messing with debug ports: hacking on OpenOCD flash drivers and CMSIS-DAP JTAG support
- ESP8266 (Xtensa lx106) bootloader reverse engineering
In the early days of the social web (2002-2005), I made a bunch of things:
I also have some development notes to share from that time.